Dysphagia – What are my options?
Option 1: Kapitex® Dysphagia Cup
Kapitex Dysphagia Cup is oval shaped to accommodate nose clearance – which prevents the need to tilt the head whilst drinking.
- Suitable for warm and cold fluids and thickened fluids.
- Weighted to help reduce spills for patients with tremor.
- One piece construction with a wide handle to allow extended palm – so gripping not required. The cup is supplied with a detachable base for extra stability.
- Hand washing recommended.
- Made of durable non-toxic polycarbonate material, cup base polyethene.
- CE marked.
OS FSA 5002 Kapitex Dysphagia Cup 200ml Almond
OS FSA 5003 Kapitex Dysphagia Cup 200ml Clear Green
Option 2: KAPI-CUP®- Available in 3 sizes in packs of 5
Kapi-Cups have a cut out on the non-drinking side so that they can be tilted without interference by the nose.
This allows the drinker to avoid tilting the head back, thus minimising the chance of liquid entering the respiratory tubes and causing choking.
Download your free copy of Dysphagia Care & Management Solutions now
- Made of polypropylene with smooth moulded edges, bite-safe and shatterproof.
- Suitable for warm and cold fluids and thickened fluids. Small size (30ml) ideal for use with children.
- The medium and large sized cups are supplied with a double handle holder.
- A choice of single or double handle holders are available in packs of 2.
- Dishwasher safe.
- CE marked.
|OS FSA 5501||Kapi-Cup Small||Small||30ml Green||Pack of 5|
|OS FSA 5502||Kapi-Cup||Medium||80ml Blue||Pack of 5*|
|OS FSA 5503||Kapi-Cup||Large||160ml White||Pack of 5*|
|OS FSA 5504||Kapi-Cup Holder||Single handle||Pack of 2|
|OS FSA 5505||Kapi-Cup Holder||Double handle||Pack of 2|
Here you can create the content that will be used within the module.
Whether you are buying a wheelchair privately or being prescribed a chair by a Healthcare Professional, it is useful to know what is available and how it will perform. Performance with independence is an achievable goal. When prescribed by a healthcare professional, a...
Due to the growing popularity of the EMST150 (Expiratory Muscle Strength Trainer) amongst physiotherapists and other healthcare professionals, we have decided to put together this article answering some of the main questions about respiratory muscle strength training....