Dysphagia – What are my options?
Option 1: Kapitex® Dysphagia Cup
Kapitex Dysphagia Cup is oval shaped to accommodate nose clearance – which prevents the need to tilt the head whilst drinking.
- Suitable for warm and cold fluids and thickened fluids.
- Weighted to help reduce spills for patients with tremor.
- One piece construction with a wide handle to allow extended palm – so gripping not required. The cup is supplied with a detachable base for extra stability.
- Hand washing recommended.
- Made of durable non-toxic polycarbonate material, cup base polyethene.
- CE marked.
OS FSA 5002 Kapitex Dysphagia Cup 200ml Almond
OS FSA 5003 Kapitex Dysphagia Cup 200ml Clear Green
Option 2: KAPI-CUP®- Available in 3 sizes in packs of 5
Kapi-Cups have a cut out on the non-drinking side so that they can be tilted without interference by the nose.
This allows the drinker to avoid tilting the head back, thus minimising the chance of liquid entering the respiratory tubes and causing choking.
Download your free copy of Dysphagia Care & Management Solutions now
- Made of polypropylene with smooth moulded edges, bite-safe and shatterproof.
- Suitable for warm and cold fluids and thickened fluids. Small size (30ml) ideal for use with children.
- The medium and large sized cups are supplied with a double handle holder.
- A choice of single or double handle holders are available in packs of 2.
- Dishwasher safe.
- CE marked.
|OS FSA 5501||Kapi-Cup Small||Small||30ml Green||Pack of 5|
|OS FSA 5502||Kapi-Cup||Medium||80ml Blue||Pack of 5*|
|OS FSA 5503||Kapi-Cup||Large||160ml White||Pack of 5*|
|OS FSA 5504||Kapi-Cup Holder||Single handle||Pack of 2|
|OS FSA 5505||Kapi-Cup Holder||Double handle||Pack of 2|
Here you can create the content that will be used within the module.
What is Dysphagia? Dysphagia is the medical term used to describe swallowing problems. It is caused by any medical condition which affects the structure, strength and co-ordination of chewing and swallowing muscles. This might be due to stroke, Parkinson’s disease,...
The emergency lifting chair, new to the Irish Market. The Raizer®, a state of the art emergency lifting chair by liftup, is now available to the Irish Market. The easy-to-assemble Raizer® can be used by healthcare personnel in hospitals, in nursing homes, in home care...