The Careva harness system has been created to afford all disabled people to travel in comfort. The harness system provides the upright position required to ensure that the function of ordinary three point safety belt works at an optimum. It should always be used together with the vehicles standard seat belt!
- In addition the driver does not need to concern himself with a passenger that is not secured.
- There are combinations of the harness system for use in taxis and Community Transport which can be fitted and dismounted with ease.
- Gives good support and prevents the person falling forwards or to the side.
- It can be fitted in all vehicles with an opening between seat base and back (this includes child seats and wheelchairs).
- Can be fitted in front and back seats (however not in fixed rear seats, these require special adaption).
- The Careva Harness System is CE-marked. CE-labeling is a guarantee that company products meet the requirements of the EU directive on medical aids.
A Spinal Belt constitutes the foundation for the other parts of the system and is always fitted first. Place the belt around the car seat and secure it at the back of the seat. The belt is adjustable, adjust until safe.
The Shoulder Harness is used in the same way as the Thoracic Belt to fix the upper body and to prevent the person falling. The belt offers greater support for the shoulder and uses buckles to secure at the side.
The Combi Harness is a combination of a Shoulder Harness and a Pelvic T-belt and the shoulder straps are fastened on the front rather than the side as the standard Shoulder harness.
The Pelvic T-belt is used to hold the pelvis to the back of the seat to ensure a good position. It can be used with very active passengers or to prevent them sliding forward.
The circumference round the chest determines the length of the belt.) The Thoracic Belt is used to position the upper body and prevents the person falling forwards or to the side.
For more information, please click here.