A unique alphabet board offering: Positive finger location for letter selection.
Features and Benefits
- Washable and hygienic design
- E.Coli and MRSA resistant
- Non-slip neoprene rubber base
- Antimicrobial keyboard with Ionic Silver Technology
- Choice of sizes and layouts
- Cleanable letter locations.
Developed from experience
The FAB (Frenchay Alphabet Board) has been developed in conjunction with the UK’s National Health Service to provide a patient driven solution. From years of experience Speech and Language therapists have defined their needs for a non-slip, washable, hygienic, positive location alphabet board – FAB provides all these solutions!
Who needs it?
Any person who is literate but is unable to speak.
- vocal cord damage,
- swallowing difficulties,
- Rett syndrome,
- Parkinson’s disease, or
- people with general communication problems,
- ventilation or
- speech difficulties.
- It is also a useful spelling device when trying to talk to people with hearing problems.
FAB is a useful emergency back-up for users of higher technology equipment such as eye-tracking of text to speech devices.
Having no batteries it is always available.
Where can it be used?
FAB provides a communication solution for Nursing Homes, Day Centres, Critical Care Units, Schools, Libraries, Hospices, Private homes, Health Visitors.
In fact any situation where people need to interact and vocal communication has been impaired.
It is completely mobile and can be used anytime, anywhere.