The new and improved design Kapitex Dysphagia Cup is shaped to allow sufficient nose clearance – to empty contents without having to tilt the head back.
Features and Benefits
New and improved design Kapitex Dysphagia Cup is shaped to allow sufficient nose clearance – to empty contents without having to tilt the head back.
A successful swallow is one that has diverted food or liquid into the food tube (oesophagus) and not into the lungs. Frequently a person who has had a stroke, head injury or neurological disability has difficulty performing a successful swallow. Safe swallowing may be accomplished by maintaining the chin in a tucked down position or by drinking thickened liquids or both.
- Sized for efficient lip seal and control
- Shaped to direct flow of contents to the centre of the mouth
- Contoured for easier delivery of thickened liquid flow
- Suitable for warm and cold liquids
- Weighted to help reduce tremor frequency
- Choice of 2 colours, Almond or Clear
- Green. Clear cup allows carers to see how
- much liquid has been delivered
- One piece construction – more hygienic
- (snap on base optional)
- Durable non toxic polycarbonate
- material. Cup base polyethylene
- Wide handle to allow extended palm
- inside so gripping not required
- Supplied with removable base to
- provide extra stability if required
- Easy to clean, dishwasher safe
- CE marked
OS FSA 5002: Kapitex Dysphagia Cup 200ml – Almond
OS FSA 5003: Kapitex Dysphagia Cup 200ml – Clear Green