Speak to anyone, anywhere, face-to-face or just give them a call! In one small package, the Lightwriter® SL40 Connect is a new addition to the Lightwrite® SL40 product range. Not only does this exciting text-to-speech communication aid provide the capabilities to communicate efficiently and effectively either through face to face communication or by SMS texting, but the SL40 Connect gives the user the ability to make mobile phone calls from this small compact device at home or when you are out and about.
An exciting addition to the Lightwriter® SL40 series of Lightwriters®, all delivering reliability and excellent product support as you would expect from Toby Churchill Ltd.
- Intuitive interface
- Easy to use functions
- Out-facing daylight readable display
- Encourages conversational interaction in all settings
- Natural Selection prediction enables faster communication
- Trainable infrared control
- Extending the world of AAC to control basic IR controlled devices in the home
- Aadjustable keyboard
- Suitable for a wide range of users
- Choice of high quality Acapela voices – plus free option to have a second available language.
English (GB and US), French (also French Canadian), German, Italian, Spanish, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish.
Mobile phone capabilities use the voice synthesiser to make phone calls and use SMS to send text messages
- Robust, ergonomic, lightweight design
- Notebook for storage and speech of longer texts
- Alarm clock
- Phone book functions
- Extensive memory capacity
- Easy to use set up wizard
- Long life rechargeable battery
- Available in black or white
- TWO year comprehensive warranty
- Three key-guard options
- Carry bag avaialble
Optional Accessories Available
- In-car charger multi system compatible,
- Quick release mounting plate kit hand,
- Neck and waist straps
Natural Selection Prediction
The Lightwriter® will automatically remember the words and phrases you type and how you use them. As you begin to communicate it will predict what you are most likely to enter next, and will display several options on screen to make conversation and typing quicker and easier.
SMS texting on the SL40 operates in the same way as from a mobile phone, sending and receiving short typed messages to and from any other phone, Lightwriter®, or other device with SMS capability. This offers users an additional mode of communication which may formerly have been impracticable.
Trainable Remote (environmental control)
The SL40 has a Remote application which uses infrared to operate different devices around the home, for example appliances (such as televisions and stereos), toys, and some home control systems.
You can easily programme in up to a maximum of 8 devices.
Please note that there are some exceptions which will not work with the SL40, mainly some high specification audiovisual equipment.
- Changing the Keyguard – Each Lightwriter® is shipped with 3 changeable keyguards, which provide optional barriers of varying depths around the edges of the keys. This can help users to improve their typing accuracy.
- Keyboard Layout – The SL40 keyboard setup can be changed to either QWERTY or ABC layouts, depending on user preference.
- Key Settings – The time a key must be pressed for to register and the minimum time between pressing keys can both be adjusted in milliseconds. These will again help each individual to improve their typing accuracy.