StairAID is an innovative and inexpensive way of allowing the user the freedom to live at home and continue to use their stairs even if their mobility is restricted through anything from a sports injury to a permanent disability.
Features and Benefits
The StairAID handgrip slides easily along the hand rail, up or down the stairs. Unlike similar systems it does not use mechanical friction to grip the handrail when weight is put on it, so it does not judder or stick when being moved.
As the bottom of the handgrip is moved outward by just 3mm, it disengages from the toothed strip below and can be easily moved forward the desired amount. When it is returned to its upright position, it re-engages securely in the toothed strip, preventing further movement and can be pulled or leaned on.
The handgrip is two tiered both for greater security and confidence, and to provide a variety of hand hold positions. A higher grip is more secure coming down from higher steps, a lower one when climbing up.
Advantages of StairAID:
– Provides exercise, motivation and independence.
– Gives you control over your life and promotes a sense of well being.
– Helps injured staff back to work sooner in an office or workplace.
– Can be installed where stairlifts can’t, such as narrow top stairs.
– With handgrip removed, StairAID blends in like a normal banister rail, perhaps when friends visit.
– Restores self esteem. Removes stigma.
– Above all, gives you the freedom to choose your own home.
The unit is complete with a 4.2 metre (13′ 9″) StairAID system and Handle.
This includes the pre assembled unfinished marine ply backing board complete with brackets, toothed rack and mop stick handrail, they can be purchased in left hand or right hand. The StairAID handle is white.
Do remember that local distributors may have special offers, and that StairAID qualifies for grant assistance from your local authority as a minor adaptation, so it’s worth checking.
If you wish to purchase StairAID please contact us today on +353 1 832 6509