The Qimova Bariatric Comfort Chair comes in all sizes and configurations and can be designed to fit
the exact measurements of almost all users. The result is outstanding seating and posture
support and a feeling of great comfort.
Maximum comfort for very small children.
Features and Benefits
The new Qimova Bariatric Comfort Chair is designed especially for small children, with an effective seat width down to 32 cm and seat depth down to 30 cm, extra short leg rests and back rest, while offering all the comfort, flexibility and features of the Qimova Comfort Wheelchair.
Our new smaller size wheelchair gives all of the comfort and flexibility of our standard Comfort Wheelchair, but for small children. Young children grow and change quickly, and our wheelchair is designed to adjust and evolve with them over time.
Features and Benefits
All Qimova Comfort wheelchairs come with the following as standard:
- Adjustable wheel base with 5 color options
- Manual adjustable seat height
- Adjustable Centre of gravity
- Front or Rear wheel drive available in 12”16 or 24” wheels
- Height adjustable back rest
- Width and length adjustable seat
- Height, angle and length adjustable arm rests
- 45 degree Tilt in Space with anterior tilt
- Fully reclining back rest
- Fully articulating leg rests with soft fully adjustable calf supports
- Choice of upholstery including 3D Comfort and Dartex (water and incontinence proof)
Available in a variety of seat sizes with versatile comfort cushioning, all Qimova wheelchairs are designed to fit the exact measurements of any user.
We also offer a choice of wheel sizes, whether it’s rear- or front wheel driven, if it’s powered or manual, gas-operated or automatic. (The shown model above is our standard manual Qimova Comfort Chair, with 16” rear wheels manually operated Tilt in Space, back rest recline and articulating leg rests).
- Tailor-made to meet the precise needs of the individual user.
- Pressure relief cushion absorbs pressure on coccyx, prevents pelvis sliding forward and reduces risk of pressure ulcers.
- Posterior and anterior Tilt-in-Space for varied sitting positions and ease of getting in/out
- Backrest can be fully reclined or inclined forward to open or close the hip angle.
- Independently functioning manually-operated leg rests are length-compensating when elevating
- Gas spring operated tilt, recline and leg rest elevation for easy adjustment. Optional electrical operation for increased user control.
- Our manual chair can easily be upgraded at any time to a fully powered indoor/outdoor version for the more independent user at a fraction of the cost of purchasing a complete new chair.
- Armrests and leg rests can be easily removed
- Seating that fits children – down to 32 cm effective seat width.
- Backrest down to 40 cm
- Extra short leg rests
For resting and redistributing weight
For aleviating pressure
Full comfort and support
|Incline / Anterior Tilt
Easy to get in and out of chair
Quality and safety
All Qimova wheelchairs are designed and built to meet and surpass all relevant ISO and EN standards and have been crash tested and approved for use as seating in motor vehicles with Dalh restraints . All upholstery has been treated to meet fire-resistant standards.
Our cushioning series ensures support and comfort exactly where needed, and includes if required individually-designed anti-thrust, wedged, ramped and channeled seat cushions. All seat cushioning has memory foam topers on high density foam with in-built ventilation, and all cushioning can be supplied with incontinence lining.
Qimova has a wide range of accessories that can be used to create the exact amount of functionality and support needed by the user. These include additional remotes and modules such as attendant remotes, sip ’n’ puff, finger steering and switch inputs as well as headrests, thoracic supports, hip guides, pommels, trays and pushing handles.
The unique Qimova modular construction system means that all seating systems and wheel bases are interchangeable. This allows a client to start off with a manual version of our wheelchair and upgrade to a fully powered indoor/outdoor wheelchair by changing the base only. This means continued use of their current seating system and moving it to a power base for a fraction of the cost of purchasing a new chair.
|Total length with legrests and 16” wheels||820||mm||920||mm|
|Total width with 16” wheels||603||mm||703||mm|
|Total weight without removable items||43||kg||kg|
|Back rest to seat angle (recline)||-3||°||34||°|
|Seat angle (tilt)||-13||°||36||°|
|Seat height, ground to seat board, 16″ & 24″ wheels||370||mm||510||mm|
|Seat height, ground to seat board, 12″ & 20″ wheels||325||mm||465||mm|
|Back rest height||400||mm||650||mm|
|Distance footplate to seat board||290||mm||580||mm|
|Distance armrest to seat board||225||mm||410||mm|
|Lower leg to seat surface angle||-2||°||90||°|
|Distance between arm pads, seat width +||-20||mm||75||mm|
The wheelchair confirms to the standards laid out in EN 12183: 2002, including, but not limited to:
|Requirements and test methods for static, impact and fatigue strengths (ISO 7176-8)||Yes||Yes|
|Power and control systems for electric wheelchairs – requirements and test methods (ISO 7176-14)||n/a||Yes|
|Climatic test in accordance with ISO 7176-9||Yes||Yes|
|Requirements for resistance to ignition in accordance with ISO 7176-16||Yes||Yes|
|Crash test: Wheeled mobility devices for use in motor vehicles in accordance with ISO 7176-19||Yes||Yes|