Trachi-Dress F sterile tracheostomy dressing is designed to help protect the skin surrounding a Tracheostoma against abrasion (which can lead to irritation and/or infection of the skin) by:
- absorbing secretions from the Tracheostoma; and
- acting as a mechanical barrier between the skin surrounding the Tracheostoma and the neckplate and flanges of the tracheostomy tube.
Key design features:
- A non-stick polyurethane film contact layer, which is non-adherent and permeable to fluid. This helps to keep underlying skin dry and provides minimum adhesion to the stoma site, which increases patient comfort and minimalises pain at dressing change.
- High performing absorbent centre layer composed of Polyurethane Foam. This draws secretions away from the skin through a capillary action.
- A semi-permeable Polyurethane Net-Film backing layer. This provides an effective seal which retains absorbed secretions from the Tracheostoma within the dressing whilst permitting the passage of air and water vapour to/from the underlying skin.
- The Polyurethane Net layer gives additional stability to the shape of the dressing when saturated, by preventing it from curling up around the edges, away from the skin.
The dressing is skin-coloured and available in two different sizes (see technical details). The skin contacting layer (matt-structured appearance) is visibly distinct from the backing layer (shiny appearance). The dressing has a tri-layer laminate pad design;