Spex SuperHigh Contour Cushion
Creates an optimum pelvic foundation for the user that requires extra pelvic and hip immersion.
The Spex SuperHigh Contour Cushion provides hip/leg envelopment as well as an ideal pressure redistribution all over the seat cushion. The medial thigh support combined with lateral thigh supports maximises the user stability, providing greater balance and support for the upper body.
The SuperHigh Cushion features ‘stepped’ thigh contouring, bringing added benefits to users who require deep envelopment positioning. This lower profile contouring to the rear of the cushion, allows for hip positioning belts, posture variances, and in some cases, allows for the back support to be positioned over the cushion.
Comfort & Relief
The SuperHigh contour cushion’s body-hugging nature delivers comfort and daily sitting relief; while the 3D breathable mesh fabric helps in reducing moisture and temperature.
- Position for windswept or hip/femur alignment variances
- Deep pelvic immersion
- More clearance for hip positioning belts
- Stability and control
- Maintain pelvic stability
- Bespoke modifications
- Coloured cover options
Designed for the user who has moderate to severe positioning requirements. Excellent choice for individuals who:
- Require deep pelvic and hip immersion
- Require external sensory feedback to assist in stabilising posture
- Have muscle tone patterns that require sufficient thigh lateral control. Thigh support is higher for alignment - refer measurement table
- If extremity support can't be maintained through the use of external thigh laterals and/or if installing thigh laterals can't be used, the SuperHigh contour cushion will provide that needed support and stabilisation
- Have a symmetrical or asymmetrical sitting posture that requires correction or control/accommodation
- Require pelvic comfort and pressure relief/distribution
- Require a high degree of pelvic stability and specific contouring
- Positioning base accommodates tight hamstrings/lack of hip flexion
- No maintenance required. A reliable, peace-of-mind solution!
- Strategic contouring pads offer complete customisations on-the-spot for a perfect fit for the client
- Removable lateral rigidisers which add extra thigh support/alignment
- Gel-foam ischial well evenly distributes pressure under the pelvis and in combination with the dual-layer cover, reduces shear forces in sensitive areas
- Coccyx channel for enhanced pressure relief (for sizes 16” +)
- Dual-layer cover reduces shear forces, and breathable air-mesh on cushion sides counters moisture
- Inner incontinence cover included
- Customisable for many requirements such as leg length discrepancies
- Not compatible with Thigh Supports or Medial Thigh Supports
STRATEGIC POSITIONING BASE
With the proven in-built adjustable base system, the SPEX cushion can be configured to solve many different pelvis needs ranging from basic cushion stability up to difficult pelvic situations.
Modifications by strategic placement in the adjustable base cell system further contour the cushion for correction, control, balance, stability, pressure redistribution and many other needs.
With adjustment being done at the base of the cushion, the upper foam layers are unaffected and don’t cause bottoming-out or further pressure risks.
Configurations can be easily made so pressure is redistributed from the ischial tuberosities and coccyx onto the trochanters and femurs for enhanced load bearing and stability.
With treating each leg independently via the cells it is easy to obtain optimum positioning and levelling the pelvis correctly and effectively, and this process can be carried out without limit by simply rearranging and modifying the cells at any time for changing postural needs.
Obliquity adjustment is simple and can be built up with the 10mm pads to create the correct hight required.
The Spex cushion can be adapted on-the-spot to suit individual pelvic needs including:
- Pelvic obliquity
- Tight hamstrings
- Posterior pelvic tilt
- Anterior pelvic tilt
- Limited hip flexion (one side or both)
- Extensor thrust
- Pelvic rotation
- And much more!